Manufacturing Service Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the industrialisation team that will set up CTAL's composite pre-production and production facilities within the Bristol site.
Composite Technology and Applications Limited (CTAL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rolls-Royce, and part of the Compressor Components supply chain unit. It is currently based on the Isle of Wight but will be relocating to Bristol over the next few years. CTAL is at the forefront of advanced carbon fibre design and automated manufacturing, developing the next generation of Rolls-Royce fan blades and casings for future large and medium sized civil engines. These high technology lightweight components have the potential to significantly improve Rolls-Royce's competitiveness through reduced engine fuel consumption and improved environmental emissions.
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Services Leader to lead all Manufacturing Services activities for the CTAL Industrialisation team. This role will be based in Bristol but will require travel to the CTAL facility in East Cowes, Isle of Wight, as and when appropriate.
As a Manufacturing Services Leader, you will be providing leadership and coaching for maintenance teams. You will be ensuring that all equipment, fixturing, tooling and services needed to support the Manufacturing processes are available when required to the requisite standards and fully support agreed and future customer quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the Company Heath, Safety and Environment policy in all aspects of Manufacturing Services and understand all legislative requirements.
- Manage and monitor the Manufacturing Services budget at the point of use.
- Ensure that agreed performance targets for manufacturing services are achieved, utilising standard tools and processes (RR Quality Management System, Rolls-Royce Production System etc.).
- Work closely with the teams in the manufacturing facility to ensure tooling and fixtures are fit for purpose and are managed via an asset care programme.
- Ensure that 'Material Revert' processes are executed at manufacturing facility level in line with corporate strategy to ensure that cost benefits are realised.
- Ensure that the software systems e.g. 'Maximo' and 'Gage Insite', are used to best effect in managing Manufacturing Services.
- Take the lead for Energy Management at the manufacturing facility, ensuring implementation of strategy and agreed initiatives.
- Lead employee engagement and empowerment.
- Previous experience of delivering a manufacturing facility wide project.
- Experience in functional support groups.
- A proven track record in delivering business results.
- Experience of leading transformation projects and familiar with continuous improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean (green and/or black belt desirable but not essential).
- Experience of implementing change and business improvement initiatives is desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership whilst embracing behaviours that inspire team working and process excellence.
- Ability to take responsibility for your own development, with particular focus on your leadership skills.
- Organised, results-oriented and able to promote change, deal with ambiguity and engage across many levels whilst driving through industrialisation programme objectives.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
At Rolls-Royce, we develop integrated power and propulsion solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.