6 days left
- Full Time
The Manufacturing Technologies Association (MTA) is the UK’s Trade Association for the companies who create and supply the technology that manufacturers use to make the products we use and rely on. With the Manufacturing sector entering the 4th industrial revolution, it is an exciting time to be joining the MTA.
The MTA offers a high degree of autonomy in a relaxed and flexible yet high performing work environment.
Additive Manufacturing (AM) technologies have a long pedigree in design and prototyping but in recent years they have increasingly moved into production across a wider range of industrial applications. Furthermore, Digital Technology is playing an ever-increasing role in the manufacturing sector and is the enabler for the 4th industrial revolution. In order to better serve its members in AM and Digital Technologies and to promote their utilisation the MTA wishes to appoint a Technical Executive. Reporting to the Head of External Affairs the Technical Executive will support AM and Digital practitioners and provide advice to those looking to adopt AM and/or Digital Technologies.
Technical Services to AM community
The Technical Executive will support the Technical Manager in the organisation and running of the MTA’s new Additive and Digital Technology Committee and seek opportunities for the MTA to build its footprint in those areas. The Technical Executive will also support the Technical Manager in their current duties and aid in the development of new Technical MTA member services.
- Represent sector interests on key issues to regulatory authorities and non-governmental organisations.
- General membership-led enquiries and contacts on technical matters.
- Organise technical circulars, newsletters, and (with or via co-operating bodies) meetings, seminars etc., on key topics.
- Contribute to other MTA publications and Communications.
- Obtain and disseminate reports and updates from external bodies on collaborative research activities likely to be relevant to Members by means of monitoring appropriate publications and events.
- Support the Head of External Affairs by providing detailed information to feed into policy formation.
- Liaise on collaborative R&D funding and partnerships
- Identify areas of strength and develop and maintain a ‘heatmap’ of UK manufacturing technology research and capability
- Encouraging Members’ participation at relevant UK, European and International standards bodies.
- Obtain and disseminate information on technical specifications and requirements likely to affect the Membership and other AM users
- Academic background in Engineering (Bachelor’s degree).
- Awareness of Manufacturing Technologies (i.e. Machine Tools, Robotics, Metrology, Automation etc).
- Specific experience of Additive and/or Digital Manufacturing Technologies advantageous.
- Excellent written and speaking communication skills.
- Self-starting individual, who is proactive toward research and uses initiative to meet deadlines.
- PC literate and MS Office capable.