Acoustics Engineer / Applications Engineer / Audio Technician
Job Title: Acoustics Engineer
Location: Greatham, Liss
Salary: Competitive (dependant on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is a privately owned PLC business, situated on the Surrey/Hants/Sussex border. They supply bespoke Original Equipment loudspeakers, antennas, plastic parts and associated safety peripherals to the automotive, industrial-audio and medical device industries for UK and Global clients. The company is 80%+ export.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, specialist design and applications company. They are seeking an Applications Engineer to assist the product development team. They are looking for a lively personality, preferably with a background within the Automotive Supply Chain, who is able to review, interpret, manage and communicate a wide range of development ideas to our partners and customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Study, analyse and design automotive audio peripherals and individual related products (loudspeakers, antennas and widgets)
* Project planning – including the use of GANTT charts
* Liaise with suppliers, sub-contractors and clients
* Support Sales team with technical aspects of enquiries
* Identification of conformance issues for the integration of components into automotive and industrial process ideas
* Audio/Acoustic engineering
* Design and testing loudspeakers
* AutoCAD, 3D CAD and Solid Edge experience is an advantage
* 3D prototyping
Experience of the following would also be an advantage:
* PPAP documentation
* IATF / ISO Automotive environment
* CLIO/MLSSA and other audio test software
* A second language (Italian, French, Mandarin or German) would be beneficial but not essential
* Good communication skills (oral and written as our Client is a global company) both internally and externally to the company
* Ability to work effectively without supervision and as part of a small team
* A keen eye for detail necessary for reviewing technical documentation
* Focus on Time Management
* Creative approach to all business tasks
* A successful track record as project/product development engineer experience with the Automotive supply chain would be a plus
Due to our Client’s rural location a driving licence and own transport is required.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover letter for consideration.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Acoustics Engineer, Audio Engineer, Applications Engineer, Acoustics Technician, Audio Technician, Applications Technician, CAD Engineer, CAD Technician, Acoustics Consultant, AutoCAD, Automotive Supply Chain Engineer may also be considered for this role.