Avionics & Control Systems Team Lead
Avionics & Control Systems Team Lead
Want to help a pioneering business transform the aviation industry as an Avionics & Control Systems Team Lead? If so, our client would love to hear from you.
About Our Client:
Backed by a well-established and successful Bristol-based company, our client is a start-up incubator. Always testing new ideas and concepts, they run innovative programmes across a variety of business sectors and strive to be a catalyst for future successful and exciting technologies and businesses.
Our client is building an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. As part of this, they are developing a Personal Electric Aircraft.
The company have pushed beyond the concept stage and are now looking to develop and certify the production version. As such, they’re now looking for an Avionics & Control Systems Team Lead.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary performance-based bonus
- 4% flexible benefits
- 3% pension
- The chance to lead a passionate team with unrivalled technical expertise
- Innovative and forward-thinking culture
- The opportunity to take ownership of an exciting project with huge potential
In this exciting role, you’ll join a talented team who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
You’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry as we know it.
Our client believes that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As the Avionics & Control Systems Team Lead, you’ll oversee a small, very technically competent team to develop our client’s flight control system, electrical architecture and software from the ground-up.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead, motivate and engage your team
- Develop system architecture proposals and definitions to aerospace standards
- Analyse and specify system requirements, including the communication, functional and physical elements, ensuring they meet Means of Compliance standards
- Manage suppliers delivering components or systems for the project
- Develop simple Human Machine Interfaces for pilots/users
- Assist with the build and fault-finding aspects of the project
To be considered, you’ll need:
- Experience of hardware and/or software integration and real-time communication
- Experience of leading a small team
- Previous experience of CAN bus protocols and power electronics
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of control theory
- A strong understanding of mathematical and/or statistical fundamentals
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- The ability to model and understand physics-based dynamics
- A Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science, ideally a Master’s or PhD
Experience of the following would be beneficial: certifying to aerospace standards, building and testing control systems on small UAS, system identification and adaptive control, building complex software systems that have been delivered to customers at scale and communicating with management, business and technical teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs.
Ideally, you’ll also have knowledge of software engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development lifecycle. Holding a signatory to DOA aviation levels would also be an advantage.
Other companies may call this role Avionics & Control Systems Team Lead, Senior Aviation Engineer, Senior Avionics & Control Engineer, Aviation Control Systems Engineer or Lead Aviation System Design Engineer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take your next step as an Avionics & Control Systems Team Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.