Are you a motivated and determined Aerodynamics Engineer seeking your next challenge? Want to help build the future of aviation with an innovative and fresh-thinking team? If so, read on.
About Our Client:
Backed by a well-established and successful Bristol-based company, our client is a start-up incubator. Always testing new ideas and concepts, they run innovative programmes across a variety of business sectors and strive to be a catalyst for future successful and exciting technologies and businesses.
Our client is building an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. As part of this, they are developing a Personal Electric Aircraft.
The company have pushed beyond the concept stage and are now looking to develop and certify the production version. As such, they are now looking for an Aerodynamics Engineer to join their team.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary performance-based bonus
- 4% flexible benefits
- 3% pension
- The chance to join a passionate team with unrivalled technical expertise
- Innovative and forward-thinking culture
- The opportunity to contribute to an exciting project with huge potential
In this exciting role, you’ll join a talented team who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
You’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry as we know it.
Our client believes that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As an Aerodynamics Engineer, you will develop the aerodynamic loads data and characteristics of our client’s new aircraft from the ground-up.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist with the tuning of the aircraft structure through aerodynamic data
- Ensure that Means of Compliance standards are met
- Help to test components and aircraft to determine aerodynamic performance
- Generate alternate proposals when required
- Assist with build and fault-finding tasks
- Support the Propulsion Team where required
To be considered, you’ll need:
- Hands-on experience of developing aircraft or other flying structures
- Experience and proficiency in at least one modern CFD package
- Strong fundamental knowledge of aerodynamics and load generation
- Detailed knowledge of current and developing aircraft technology
- A Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, ideally a Master’s or PhD
Ideally, you’ll hold a signatory to DOA aviation levels, but this isn’t essential. Experience of certifying to aerospace standards would also be an advantage, as would experience of communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs.
Other companies may call this role Aerodynamics Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, CFD Engineer, CFD Modelling Engineer, Aerodynamic Concept Engineer or Aerodynamic Design Engineer.
Webrecruit and our client are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take on an exciting, new challenge as an Aerodynamics Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency