Cargo Inspector / Marine Vessel Inspector / Freight Supervisor
Job Title: Inspector
Location: West Thurrock, Grays
Salary: £23,000 - £30,000 depending on experience, plus an annual performance bonus of up to 10%. Plus excellent benefits such as a company vehicle.
Hours: Full Time
The Company is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, it is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, The Company is a market leader because they put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything they do. They encourage new ideas and welcome people who challenge the way they do things. The company will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
They have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Inspector to join their global organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering cargo supervision services to meet client specifications and provide assistance in managing inspection activities in a professional and efficient manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
* To carry out quantity supervision and establish accurate quantities of loading or discharge of marine vessels. This will be carried out as per client’s requirements and/or the company’s International standards, either on, or off shore.
* To obtain representative samples and carry out quality supervision of loading & discharge of marine vessels.
* To provide complete and accurate written or computerised reports, as directed by the Operations Supervisor, on above activities for checking/verification by Operations Supervisors.
* To carry out all operations in strict accordance with applicable procedures for operations and safety.
* To assist Operations Supervisors in identifying and correcting any non-conformances with regard to quality, operational or safety matters.
* To ensure that all activities are performed in compliance with company QA & HSE manuals, following up audits and CAPRs/NIRs by completing actions on time.
* To provide help as and when required in the day to day operations as per Operations Supervisors instructions.
* Work closely with the Laboratory team to ensure an effective Quality and Quantity service is provided to the customer.
* You’ll be working 2496 hours per year spread out across various shifts (max 48 hours per week).
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
* Ability to carry out physically demanding work, the majority of which is outdoors on a 24/7 rota.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision whilst still delivering services to the timescale and standards expected.
* Ability to work to tight and often conflicting deadlines to meet client requirements.
* Competent in using the Word and Excel software.
* A good level of numeracy and literacy.
* Ability to drive a vehicle.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Marine Vessel Inspector, Cargo Supervisor, Freight Inspector, Operations Supervisor, Health and Safety Co-Ordinator, Operational Inspection Manager, Inspection Manager, Dock Inspector, Shipping Inspector, Freight Inspector, Shipping Inspector, Loading Inspection.