Toolmaker / Tool Engineer / Toolroom Technician
Job Title: Toolmaker
Location: St Davids, Pembrokeshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company has manufactured high volumes of precision components for more than 50 years. These have predominantly been bimetallic safety controls and cordless connector systems utilising all of their production techniques.
They are firmly established as one of the UK's leading suppliers of precision components to the Automotive and Domestic appliance industries and is a world class organisation qualified to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Standards.
The Company’s longstanding reputation for innovation and quality combined with the latest production techniques and prototype development makes it an ideal choice for those who are seeking to consolidate or expand into new spheres.
They are looking to recruit a flexible toolmaker to work in their tool room repairing tools, moulds, jigs, and fixtures.
* Responsible for the effective management of all tooling related activities and services.
* Maintain Tool-room equipment in good working order.
* Work with personnel from all departments to help improve efficiency and reduce downtime.
* Keep all records of drawing changes, tooling repairs up to date.
* Maintain stocks of spares for tools and reorder as appropriate.
* To promote a safe working environment and ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with current HSE legislation.
* Perform regular tooling reviews and keep records up to date.
* To increase own skills and opportunities through training and development by adopting new processes and equipment.
* Integral part of the Production Team.
* Overall responsibility for tooling management and service.
* Budgetary Control within Tool-room cost centre.
* Establish right-first-time tooling repairs.
* Reduce repair and renewal costs associated with tooling.
* Establish 5s principles throughout.
* Mould tool Making.
* Wire erosion, spark erosion, milling, turning, grinding, CNC machining.
* Bench work fitting and assembly of Press & Mould Tools.
* Innovative approach to Problem Solving.
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
* Decisive and assertive.
* Able to cope under pressure.
* Excellent organisational/time management skills.
* PC Literate.
* Significant experience in a Tool-making role for at least 5 years.
* Good knowledge of progression press tools and injection mould tools.
* Familiarity with a low and high volume production would be an advantage.
* Candidates should also be fully aware of Lean Manufacturing methodology.
* Used to working to ISO9000, TS16949 or similar quality standards.
* HNC in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred or equivalent.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles of; Manufacturing Toolmaker, CNC Toolmaker, may also be considered for this role.