Mechanical Design Engineer
Do you have an inquisitive mind and a desire to be involved in a once in a generation opportunity? Our team of engineers are transforming the way we power civil aircraft across the world, and we have an exciting opportunity for you to join us in shaping the design of our pioneering aero engines.
Across our Civil Aerospace division in Derby we want exceptional and talented Design Engineers to join us in determining the future of power for commercial aircraft through ground breaking component design. Using cutting edge technology and design methods in our state-of-the-art facilities, we want you to challenge how we can make our technology even better. Our new generation of engines will transform flight; setting new benchmarks in excellence and setting the standards in engineering for others to follow.
At Rolls-Royce, we deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we are putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we will keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we are keeping the world flying.
- Producing the best component design addressing specified requirements by using robust design techniques.
- Planning the delivery and integration of the component design into the whole engine.
- Leading DFMEA, project risk assessments, Design for Manufacture and similar robust design techniques.
- Taking your ideas and designs through design reviews, and delivering designs according to challenging requirements and timescales.
- A relevant degree, preferably in an engineering discipline, and/or significant relevant design experience.
- Experience of requirement capture, problem identification, proposing innovative solutions creating effective design solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and able to build productive relationships across the business at all levels.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and skills in the following areas would be advantageous, although supplementary training will be given as necessary: Siemens NX and Teamcenter.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.