Qualified Electrician / Electrical Engineer / 17th Edition
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Electrician
Location: Cover all areas of Scotland
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is looking to recruit an Electrician to carry out electrical work of all aspects of central heating works.
The work of an Electrician is varied and can include the following:
* To Install, repair, renew, test and maintain electrical installations as required, meeting all legislative requirements (mainly domestic).
* Inspect, test and issue certification for all electrical installations and repairs,
* Carry out fault diagnosis on site,
* Prepare sites for safe working,
* Keep up to date with required trade qualifications,
* Report all non-electrical faults to the Line Manager,
* Keep records of work undertaken, including maintenance & repairs work,
* Comply with H&S policies and procedures and carry out on site risk assessments for jobs undertaken
* Attending training in support of position as instructed by management.
* Employee will hold an approved recognised trade qualification such as City & Guilds, SVQ level 3 or equivalent.
* You must be trained to current regulations (17th Edition), hold an inspections & testing certificate along with a CSCS or ECS card.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Industry knowledge
* Able to communicate effectively with key people.
* Essential time management skills.
* Personable with communication skills
* Maintain focus on key tasks
* Able to assess own performance and follow training direction.
* You should have a working knowledge of all current Health and Safety legislation and best practice
* Be able to communicate technical information to customers and colleagues which is meaningful
* Be able to use a range of communication skills when dealing with challenging customers
* Be flexible due to the diverse nature of the working environment
* Ability to understand, organise and analyse information received to identify your response
* Ability to assess situations and determine the objectives with a clear concise well organized reply
* To be able to eliminate or reduce causes to any root problems
* Must be confident to work alone
* Have a full UK driving license
* Well-presented and proactive
* Able to get on well with others and be a team player
* Sufficiently mobile and flexible towards hours and place of work
* Clear focus of quality of service
* Providing routine correspondences both written and orally.
* Previous experience in a fast-paced environment, working under pressure.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
* Experience in working within a team, team environment.
* Used to self-managing, prioritising workloads and ensuring tasks are completed on time.
* Willingness to learn
* Good planner
* Reliable, tolerant, empathetic, team player with a positive outlook.
* Ability to make a positive and significant contribution to the output of the Engineering team.
* Can easily make a transition into new teams.
* Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to deliver results.
What is on offer:
* Company Van
* Pension Scheme
* Option to join sharesave scheme
* Flexible Benefits including buy/sell holidays; Bike2Work Scheme; Child Car vouchers and various discounts and selected companies
* An excellent opportunity to work for a highly successful company in the energy services industry
The company is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles or experience of; Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Electrician, Field Service Engineer, Electrical Technician, 17th Edition Engineer, Air Conditioning Electrician, Electrical Services Technician, Fire Alarm Engineer, Fire Alarm Maintenance Engineer may be considered for this role.
Apply for Qualified Electrician / Electrical Engineer / 17th Edition
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly