Quality Assurance Officer
Quality Assurance Officer
Salary paying between £18,000 - £23,000K
Working hours 07:30 – 16:30 , Monday to Friday, 4 Weeks Holiday plus bank holidays.
The Company and the role
A Quality Assurance officer’s position has become available, working for a meet producer, who supply Quality assured primed meats.
Reporting into the Quality Assurance Manager you will manage all aspects of quality assurance so that the best possible procedures are in place which will allow top quality, safe and legal products to be produced always. You will manage customer complaints so that not only are solutions found quickly for the customer but also preventative measures put in place to prevent any future recurrence. You will be a proactive and constructive member of the Management Team.
- Process owner for all company procedures and ensures that these are up to date and fit for purpose at all times.
- All company procedures are meticulously documented, monitored, reviewed and revised as necessary.
- Manages and maintains all aspects of the quality management system, including internal and external audits.
- Ensures the results of all audits are acted upon and liaises appropriately with the managers responsible in this respect.
- Ensures that all company marks and accreditations are successfully retained on an annual basis.
- Supplier audits, including the verification of accreditations, are religiously carried out in accordance with the pre-determined timetable and company procedure.
- All complaints are reviewed and both corrective and preventative actions agreed and implemented which will not only solve the initial problem but also prevent it from happening again in the future.
- The status of all corrective and preventative actions is communicated to the Operations Director on a monthly basis.
- Liaises proactively with suppliers and customers on technical issues.
- Technical inductions are carried out for new employees and those needing refresher training.
- Manages all aspects of food safety and testing in a thorough, diligent and professional manner.
- Technical input to new product development and product changes.
- Assists the Factory Manager in the professional and effective identification and management of hazards and critical control points.
- Ensures that complete, accurate and thorough records are kept of all company processes affecting the quality of the product so that full traceability is achieved.
- Keeps up to date and networks with other industry professionals so as to keep abreast of best practice in quality management.
- Monitors and reports on all aspects of quality performance within the factory.
- Works closely with the Factory and Technical Managers to ensure that all factory procedures are fit for purpose and are respected and adhered to by all members of staff.
- Contributes to the generation of new ideas to improve performance within the factory and communicates these proactively to the Factory Manager.
- Communicates proactively with the members of the Management Team, ensuring that they are kept abreast of all relevant issues at all times.
What we’re looking for
This role would ideally suit someone who has quality assurance experience within food manufacturing high care or high risk sector. A food safety Level 3 and HACCAP Level 3 qualification are a minimum requirement. A food science or related degree, HND/HNC or equivalent would be desirable.
This is a fantastic role to join a growing business within a role which includes a high level of influence and autonomy. The ideal candidate will have a great personality to communicate at all levels, be highly organised and interested in personal development to stay current in QA.