BSRIA Sustainable Construction Group
Are you a people person? Do you embrace opportunities for the future? Are you keen to identify where the next innovations for the built environment are? We are looking for a leader, who enjoys technical and commercial challenges, to work with a team of diverse experts bringing together their contributions to deliver tangible results for all those who rely on our knowledge, guidance and expertise.
The Sustainable Construction Group (SCG) is a key part of the “brains trust” that is BSRIA. It exists to develop, consolidate and apply new knowledge with and for organisations working in the built environment. The team serves BSRIA members and other clients, helping to create sustainable buildings which benefit building occupiers, owners, investors and the wider community in which the buildings sit.
With strategic management responsibilities, the key activities of this role are focused on business development which entails some (mostly UK) business travel and overnight stays. Your remit is to guide the SCG to successful growth in profile, consultancy and research – enabling realistic but growing commercial and knowledge generation budgets to be set and met in line with BSRIA’s aspirations and mission.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Leadership, team development and management.
- Marketing and client services.
- Service delivery.
- Strategic direction and research.
- Degree or equivalent qualified in engineering, professionally credible in your technical field.
- Expert knowledge of the building services and/or built environment industry with the ability to discern trends and common themes from different information sources.
- Business minded and results oriented, with a passion for problem solving and engineering.
- Familiarity with, and preferably experience in, the matrix style of team working.
- Confident and capable communicator, comfortable in a range of environments.
- Team manager with ability to coach and motivate direct reports and wider team to deliver to agreed business plan.
For more information please view the assignment details on www.thewlisgraham.com. For a confidential discussion contact our recruitment partner Sarah Thewlis on +44 (0) 20 7850 4781. Applications are invited in the form of a CV and covering letter (in Word format) including your remuneration details and notice period by 5pm, Thursday 28 September 2017. Send to Sarah Thewlis via the Apply button quoting reference J0701.