Facilities Team Manager
Facilities Team Manager
Days based Monday to Friday
Fantastic package, career opportunities.
Due to massive year on year growth, my client, a rapidly expanding, global packaging company is seeking a facilities management professional to complete their already very successful engineering team.
- Responsible for the management of Engineering Services and site Facilities. Ensure adherence to all relevant legislation within Services on site, including acting as Site Electrical Duty Holder under Electricity At Work Regulations.
- Provide technical expertise and support for planned maintenance, service contracts, plant problems, plant improvements to support operational KPI`s.
- Ensure the safety of RMB personnel, contractors, the plant, local stakeholder & the environment.
- Establish training needs requirement for Engineering personnel at site co-ordinating with various stakeholders.
- Engineering Chair Person for HSg 65 meetings.
- Safely manage activities within Services team.
- Forecast and manage Engineering Services Budget.
- Forecast Engineering Services Team Training requirements.
- Ensure the correct level of resources are available to keep the plant running to target availability (People & spares)
- Maintain records & documentation to provide evidence of compliance to meet company and regulatory standards, mechanical and electrical, including PSSR, LOLER, Legionella, COMA, PAT.
- Project Management when required.
- Manage planned maintenance schedules for plant, and provide feedback to Engineering Manager
- As the Site Electrical Duty Holder, and in conjunction with the Mechanical Duty Holder as per Site Safety Policy, ensure that the appropriate electrical standards under the Electricity at Work Act are defined and implemented, with a long term aim to raise standards across the site to the defined level, thereby fulfilling the role of Electrical Duty Holder.
- Management of contractors and sub contractors
- Deputise for Engineering Manager in absence.
- Liaison with relevant external bodies: e.g. HSE, Insurers, third party auditors, customers, environmental and utilities.
You will be familiar with or be experienced in the following:
- Man-Management experience
- NEBOSH Qualification
- Formal understanding of specific competencies in line with factory based operating systems e.g.: PSSR, Electricity at work, IEE 17th edition, Asbestos, Legionella, LOLER, PUWER etc.
- Working knowledge of RMB safe systems of work (HSg65)
- Maintenance management
- Budgetary management
- Company/Department Strategy and Plans
- Optimises allocated resources (human, technical, financial, etc.) to develop team performance.
- Puts together and manages departmental budgets.
- Puts together and manages standard Capex proposals.
- With guidance sources and selects suppliers or goods and services and uses commercial knowledge to optimise the benefits to both parties.
- Works collaboratively with customers on a day to day basis to ensure requirements are met or exceeded through the setting, monitoring and improving of standards of service (KPI’s).
- Develops a broad knowledge of the companies Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Ensures a systematic approach to the identification of hazards and impacts within the department.
- Ensures that suitable and sufficient written assessments of the hazards are undertaken within the department.
- Undertakes safety audits and inspections.
- Works collaboratively with the Quality functions and the wider business to ensure / promote sustained quality and continuous improvement.
- Utilises tools such as SPC, sampling & inspection, diagnostic problem solving tools to deliver improvements, remove weaknesses and deliver improvements in waste (time, materials or rework).
- Has a knowledge of SAP transactions and processes.
This role really is a fantastic career opportunity to join a very successful and rapidly expanding global market leader To apply for this position please send your CV and salary expectation to Danny Walsh.