Technical Support Engineer
Do you have extensive knowledge of automotive technology?
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support Group. You will manage a team, monitor workflow, quality and performance against internal targets and customer requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include;
• providing technical interpretations of legislation and answer technical questions from internal and external customers
• managing work of external technical audit panel
• managing auditing and designation of Technical Services both internal and external
• managing external accreditations from Japanese, Brazilian and Taiwanese Authorities
• managing and leading a team, to include staff development and training
You have extensive knowledge of automotive technology, automotive type approval requirements and national, EU and UN automotive legislation. You have a mechanical/automotive engineering degree or a suitable equivalent qualification supplemented by relevant previous experience. You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database usage. You have the ability to adapt to changing demands and delivery times. You have previous experience of providing excellent customer care.
We support operations branches by responding to technical questions from both internal and external customers. We provide where necessary technical interpretations to be included in VCA's technical library Vista. We carry out the technical audits for both VCA's global offices and VCA's appointed technical services and provide support in gaining and maintaining VCA's accreditation as a technical service for overseas authorities.