7 days left
- Full Time
Are you an experienced Type Approval Engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Maybe you’ve been working in industry and are looking to utilise and develop your leadership and management skills? Either way, this is an exciting opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills and develop your career with the Vehicle Certification Agency
Our Principal Engineers oversee the end to end type approval and certification process for a number of automotive manufacturers, managing a team of skilled engineers to provide an expert international testing and certification service. Your duties will include:
• managing, motivating, assessing and training a team of skilled engineers
• programme worst case reviews, planning, resourcing, testing, reporting, certification
• financial control of client programmes, covering all costs, incomes, margins, changing and debts
• building and maintaining strong working relationships at senior levels within client organisations
• understanding manufacturers requirements, markets, products and technology and the impact of new and future legislation
Does this sound like you?
• a minimum 5 years automotive testing or development experience and be a subject matter expert for key technical areas
• a minimum of 3 years Type Approval testing and certification experience
• Mechanical/automotive engineering degree (or suitable equivalent supplemented by experience)
• An aptitude for developing professional business relationships; Proven financial and leadership development skills
• Demonstrable project management skills
We are the designated UK Vehicle Type Approval Authority, with over 30 years experience supporting industry by providing internationally recognised testing and certification for vehicles, their systems and components.
We offer career advancement opportunities for every level of capability and unique opportunities that can’t be found anywhere else. We operate globally, so you could find yourself in a fully supported overseas posting in one of our offices in Europe, America, Japan, China, South Korea, Malaysia, India or Australia.
If you want to build upon your technical experience and expertise with increased levels of leadership, business development, programmes management and financial control we want to hear from you!
Closing date: 2 October 2017.