Graduate Engineer – Trainee Production Manager Programme
Job Title: Management Trainee - Production
Location: Working across the company’s two sites in Lincoln
Salary: £25,000 pa
Job Position: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting directly to the M.D this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious person to join a family business which was established over 100 years ago with a passion to optimise the health, vitality and performance of pets by providing world class quality foods.
The company has two manufacturing facilities in Lincoln where the team of circa 100 manufacture and distribute brands such as; Vitalin, Alpha. As a privately owned UK based company, the team has complete control over the manufacturing process from raw materials entering the site through to distribution of finished packs, ensuring a consistently great product.
This role has been created due to the companies continued growth and success in order to support the management team and also develop a future talent pipe line.
The successful candidate will need to understand, learn and ultimately improve the knowledge of the business in food extrusion technology. In time, ultimately manage the production processes and systems within the business. In order to succeed, you will need to be passionate, determined, ambitious and a fast learner.
All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will learn to and become responsible for:
* Managing and balancing budgets
* Production planning
* the production process
* Procuring site materials efficiently
* Managing employee relations
* Learn to manage and operate health and safety requirements on site
* Improving the quality of existing products
* Improving productivity of existing products
* New Product Development.
* Plant development
* Energy efficiency
It is essential for the success of this role that the Candidate:
Will be able to demonstrate teamwork, drive for results and leadership potential and be able to fluently communicate verbally and written English, plus:
* A proactive outlook and ability to use their own initiative
* IT literate and proficient with Word, Excel and Power Point
* Be flexible, positive and confident
* Strong numerical reasoning
* Degree in an engineering, manufacturing or food science and technology discipline
* A keen interest in manufacturing and food process technology.
* An Interest in animals would be beneficial
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Factory Coordinator, Production Planner, Material Scheduler, Factory Manager, Works Manager, Factory Supervisor, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Controller, Production Manager, Production Engineering, Production coordinator, Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineer, QA Manager, Production Manufacturing, Production Manager, Engineering Planner will also be considered for this role.