Senior/Principal MMIC Engineer
A Senior/Principal MMIC Engineer is required to work on the design, development, integration and production support of microwave circuits, components and sub-systems in support of a range of advanced radar products being developed within the Radar delivery team. You will providing key technical expertise across all aspects of the product lifecycle, and over a wide portfolio of programmes.
Key Responsibility Areas
You will be responsible for developing MMIC circuits and Devices as part of the Radar Core Delivery Team.
This will include:
- Microwave and MMIC hardware requirements capture and management
- Concept development and architecting of MMICs and modules
- Design of microwave circuits and modules using a staged design processes
- Applying design for manufacture and design for test techniques
- Preparation of manufacturing data pack
- Technical support to foundries and engineering interface with manufacturing
- Development test and design verification
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
- You should have a degree (Hons or Doctorate) in Electronic Engineering or related Science (e.g. Physics) with specialisation in high frequency circuits and techniques.
- You should have electronic skills compatible with their degree. Experience at a Senior Engineer level in design and test of microwave circuits and sub-systems is essential and you should be familiar with:
- S-parameter manipulation
- EM simulation
- Non-linear circuit simulation & modelling
- Matching network design
- Microwave component selection
- Requirements capture and management design for manufacture and cost
- You should also have current practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- MMIC HPA design including high efficiency techniques
- Microwave Sub-System design
- MMIC vector control chip design
- MMIC LNA design technology
- Wideband switch and phase shifter techniques
- Microwave test including knowledge of advanced calibration, de-embedding techniques and RFOW
- Microwave GaAs/GaN MMIC or SiGe RFIC foundry technology
- Modelling technical for non-linear devices
- You should be familiar with current industry standard ECAD tools. It is desirable that the candidate has expert knowledge in one or more of AWR Microwave office, CST Microwave studio, Agilent ADS, or AWR Visual System Simulator.
- You need to have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team. It is desirable for you to have team leader skills and experience of managing junior staff, budgets, cost reporting, project planning and subcontractor technical management.
This is mainly office based role using display screen equipment, however the successful candidate may also have to work in a development lab, production area and in a clean room environment. The successful candidate will be expected to work full time hours in a flexible and often demanding environment with tight deadlines. Some travel along with overnight stays will also be required. The nature of the programmes involving microwave design means that any candidate being considered for the position must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and in addition the candidate will require access to caveated information such as UK eyes only and ITAR.
To apply for this role, please click Apply.
Apply for Senior/Principal MMIC Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly