New opportunity not to be missed! Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning engineering, fabrication and machining companies. They are looking to recruit an experienced and gifted CNC Multi Axis Sliding Head Programmer/Operator to join their busy and expanding team based at their purpose built facility in Blackburn. They are offering the successful CNC Programmer/Operator an excellent salary of £15.00-£16.00 per hour depending on experience plus shift allowances.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team.
CNC Programmer/Operator Responsibilities:
- Working within a predominantly medium to high batch machining cell this role is to program, set and operate CNC multi axis sliding head autos. There will be a requirement to program/set and run 2 or more machines at any one time.
- Due to the type of work, you will have excellent tooling knowledge and the ability to ensure cutting strategy suits high volume production.
- With a high attention to details this role will require an engineer from an environment of high tolerance work e.g. automotive.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their CNC Programmer/Operator:
- Must be time served with post qualification experience in a technical machining background
- Ability to program and operate Citizen machines
- Experience of multi axis turning centres
- Highest standards of H&S and Quality is essential
- Ability to interpret detailed engineering drawings and deliver conforming parts
- Working with various materials including exotic grade alloys
- A detailed understanding of engineering drawing, tooling selection, work holding & cutting strategy is essential
- A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate and support a successful team.
CNC Programmer/Operator Working Hours: Shift rotation 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service award
- Company Pension
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next CNC Programmer/Operator please click ‘Apply’ now!