Job Description and Skills
This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join the Electronic Warfare business based at Capability Green, Luton. We are a world leader in electronic systems that enhance situational awareness across a variety of platforms including rotary and fixed wing and are looking for a motivated and adaptable individuals to join our growing software community. As part of an integrated team you will be contributing to the development of current and future products. These include radar warning receivers (RWR), electronic support measures (ESM), electronic countermeasures (ECM) and integrated defensive aids systems (IDAS). This will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working as part of an established software development team and supported by a team of experienced engineers you will be responsible for:
- Specification, design, coding and testing of complex real-time embedded software.
- Developing and applying your knowledge of software engineering to undertake and support various tasks and activities, delivering to agreed performance targets, cost and schedule.
- Developing practical skills in design techniques for land, sea and aerospace applications, understanding key processes and technologies, and developing software using state-of-the-art modelling tools, compilers and test environments
- Working closely with Systems engineers and Hardware engineers to solve real integration problems on complex systems.
- Completing tasks in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures to a high standard.
- Taking an active role in engineering process improvement.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You will have a Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and/or relevant successful experience in a real-time embedded software development environment with a proven track record in schedule adherence and performance/quality.
You will also have knowledge and experience in several of the following areas:
- Proven experience in developing Object Oriented designs using the C++ or ADA programing language.
- Knowledge and understanding of UML preferably using the Rhapsody, Rational Rose, Artisan or equivalent toolsets.
- Capability in debugging in an embedded real-time environment with a COTS Real Time Operating System.
- Knowledge of a variety of Verification & Validation techniques, and the value of each.
- Knowledge of developing software within a development process framework.
- Understanding of Software Configuration Management tools.
- Able to demonstrate experience in most areas of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through to implementation, integration test and delivery.
- Willing to obtain SC security clearance. In addition, some roles will require clearance to access caveated information such as UK eyes only and ITAR.
- Low Level Driver Development.
- Developing software for the VxWorks RTOS.
- Experience or requirements management using DOORS.
- Experience of SOLID design principles.
- Defence or Electronics Warfare business domain experience would also be an advantage.
You will require the following personnel attributes:
- Self-motivated with a strong technical focus.
- Ability to problem solve and drive difficult issues to a conclusion.
- Able to integrate and work well within a team and be a flexible team player.
- Able to achieve results in desired timescales.
- Good communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with minimum of supervision on complex tasks.
- System-level thinking.
- This is an office / lab based role using display screen equipment working full time hours which can often be in a demanding environment with occasional travel within the UK and abroad.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.
Apply for Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly