Systems Engineer (DM&I)
Systems Engineer (DM&I)
Leonardo MW is looking to recruit Systems Engineers based out of its site in Bristol. The successful candidates will be working in the Enterprise Security team, whose primary objective is to design and build secure information systems that are delivered into customers within defence, government or public sector organisations.
The successful candidate will be a member of a specialised engineering team that is responsible for the ongoing systems engineering efforts across multiple active projects and bids and the candidate should be comfortable working on multiple systems engineering lifecycle phases including architectural design, detailed system/subsystemdesign, implementation and customer facing testing.
The successful candidate must have a strong all round technical ability with an excellent working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies. Current ongoing projects will require an awareness of cyber security capabilities, and an understanding of enabling security lockdown controls to pass system accreditation.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Able to understand, interpret and engineer complex and often conflicting customer requirements
- To be able to expand a high-level design into a low-level design using technical experience, judgement and best practice
- Able to confidently select the best approach, tools and products for a given task and justify these choices
- Development of systems engineering artefacts, including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions
- Provide specialist technical support to the business unit, supporting the project or wider programme (potential involvement in bid development/evaluation)
- Work with external third parties such as vendors / resellers, to develop robust & costed solutions
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Skills and experience in the following areas is mandatory
- Proven experience with the ArcSight product suite (particularly ESM & Logger) across large scale implementations including design, support and enhancements
- Demonstrable experience of working with other SIEM toolsets and managing event flows and log aggregation across a variety of sources
- Scripting experience across a broad range of languages including Python, Bash and PowerShell, focussing on automation and integration
- Experience of working with both relational and unstructured data using a variety of toolsets across heterogeneous environments, and visualisation of such data
- Competent in the operation and administration of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Skills and experience in the following areas is advantageous:
- Experience of cyber security tools such as Nessus, SourceFire, Cisco, Palo Alto, RSA Netwitness, NetScout, EDR / EPP forensics, McAfee
- Experience of Splunk Enterprise system design and implementation
- Automated build tooling such as Puppet and Docker
- Automated patch management tools such as Spacewalk
- Infrastructure build experience
- Experience of working with virtualisation technologies
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Experience with enterprise system monitoring and administration toolsets
- Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air gapped environments.
- Candidates will possess the following personal characteristics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under broad direction, with minimal supervision, in challenging technical environments
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage workload in pressurised environments, across multiple tasks, whilst balancing time and quality.
- Strives for excellence in engineering activities, both personally and professionally.
- Personable and flexible, willing to work in a highly focused and demanding environment
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audience
- Highly motivated, with the aptitude to learn new skills
- Ability to be innovative
- Whilst you will have our Bristol office as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as client projects can at times require you to work away from home during the week (Mon-Fri).
- If you are proactive, enthusiastic and comfortable with working in a complex, fast moving environment, then please apply for this role.
Intrinsic Job Factors
- Key intrinsic job factors applicable to the role are as follows:
- Demanding Work Environments
- Security clearances to SC will me required prior to starting in this role
- The ability to travel within the UK and abroad (up to 50% of the time)
The company is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Decisions about recruitment and selection will be made objectively and without unlawful or unfair discrimination.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.