Senior Design Manager
Senior Design Manager
SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER – AUTOMATED MATERIAL HANDLING SYSTEMS.
THESE ROLES WILL REQUIRE WORK ON SITE WITH OUR CUSTOMERS ACROSS THE UK AND EUROPE.
Responsible for ensure overall completeness of engineering solutions, managing a team of brilliant designers.
Key Responsibility Areas
Using your skills to deliver incredible results:
Responsible for the overall systems design to provide:
- A system compliant with Health and Safety requirements including CDM and other local legislative requirements (as advised).
- A functional, integrated system which meets the customer requirements.
- A system compliant with the Leonardos design principles and logic.
- Able to effectively assess the systems compliance against the customers Functional Requirements (User Requirements) and manage requirements in defined toolset (DOORS etc).
- Responsible for the production and overseeing of design layouts models and drawings using AutoCAD and Navisworks.
- Acts as the overall design coordinator of the Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, Low Level Controls and High Level Controls elements of complex, integrated automated systems.
- Preparation of system design calculations, specifications and documentation including co-ordination of the system simulation.
- Resolving cross functional design issues at a project level with support and input from Italian technical authorities (where required).
- Management and co-ordination of the project design and engineering teams across the (UK Line of Business) LoB where required.
- Design co-ordination with external parties (supplier, customer and all relevant stakeholders).
- Responsible that formal Design Reviews are carried out.
- Providing support to the Project Manager in developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Monitors project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- In conjunction with dedicated Procurement team, initiate and coordinate third party quotations, supply and integration.
- To capture Design related Lessons Learned and to initiate improvements as well as to pass on information to other functions regarding possibilities for improvements or inappropriateness.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Exploring new ways to utilise your current skills:
- AutoCad and Navis Work user.
- Knowledge of design, delivery and testing systems. This includes a knowledge of the requirements management tools (IBM DOORS and RQM).
- Conversant with all aspects of complex, integrated Automation Systems including demonstrable experience in Automated Systems – Airport Baggage Handling and / or Intralogistics / Postal Courier.
- Effective communicator with the ability to work within a multi-cultural, diverse and geographically dispersed team environment.
- BS/BA degree preferable in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Machinery Directive & CE Marking (DESIRABLE).
- Demanding Work Environments
- Display Screen Equipment
- Office Based
- Overnight Stay
- Tight Deadline (regular or adhoc)
- Travel UK/Abroad
- Work in Pressurised Chambers
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.
Apply for Senior Design Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly