Lead Mechanical/Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer
Location: Narberth, Pembrokeshire
Salary: £25,000 plus benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time - averaging 40 hours per week and will include weekends, bank holidays as required and some late nights during July/August.
Closing date: Sunday, 22nd October 2017
Our Client, operating over 60 attractions across Europe. Here in the UK they have 9 sites ranging from aquariums, theme park and caves. They have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join its team as Lead Mechanical Engineer.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Engineering and Estates you will work as an operational Lead Mechanical Engineer responsible for the planning, organisation and implementation of mechanical engineering works across the estate and portfolio of rides & attractions.
As Lead Mechanical Engineer you will provide leadership, coordination, development, coaching and mentoring to a small team of engineers, ensuring they are trained enabling them to achieve the operational tasks within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles.
During the season you will work operationally carrying out planned preventative maintenance, unplanned maintenance, ride start up procedures and safety checks. During off peak and winter periods assist in the annual inspection of all rides and attractions ensuring compliance with Amusement Device Inspection Procedure Scheme (ADIPS).
This is a varied role requiring swift and comprehensive fault finding and rectification skills on mechanical equipment. You will liaise with ride manufacturers and suppliers for repair advice, replacement parts and updates.
* You will have the ability to work as a team to come up with imaginative solutions and to identify innovative alternatives to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems.
* You will thrive under pressure and able to work to deadlines and prioritise and plan work effectively.
* You will hold a NVQ Level 3 in Engineering or equivalent. You will also be tested to coded welding EN287 and/or BS 4872, or hold sufficient experience and competency to be tested to these standards.
* You should have prior experience and sound understanding of working with hydraulics, pneumatics and gearboxes.
* The role requires you to work at heights on a regular basis and therefore you must confident in doing so. Full training will be given.
* This is a hands-on role and therefore applicants must be in good physical health as the role will include physical activity on a regular basis such as lifting, carrying and general maintenance/manual work.
A full driving license is essential.
About the benefits:
Alongside a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum we are offering a benefits package that includes a pension plan, holiday package increasing on an annual basis, two week Christmas close down period, Monday to Friday working out of season and an Annual Pass.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Maintenance, Engineering Installations, Mechanical Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Engineer, Technical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Support Technician, Engineer, TIG Repair, Fabrication Engineer will be considered for this role.
Apply for Lead Mechanical/Maintenance Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly