Senior Quality Engineer
Are you an experienced Senor Quality Engineer?
Given the recent successes and retail launch of MekaMon (A robotics AR gaming platform) with Apple, we are expanding our team and are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join us.
About Reach Robotics
Reach Robotics is the company behind MekaMon - The four-legged augmented reality battle mech recently launched with Apple across the UK, US and EU. Using robotics and augmented reality, we’re creating unique experiences that aim to entertain, inspire and educate.
Based a five-minute walk from Bristol Parkway train station and with excellent links to the M32 / M4 (plus private parking), we’re rapidly hiring across all teams to help realise our products full potential and shape the future of augmented reality entertainment.
We’re proud of the people first culture we’ve created at Reach - We're passionate about the experiences we're creating and love what we do.
Friday afternoons are dedicated to stepping away from the desk to game and work on projects outside our normal scope. We operate on flexitime between 8am - 6pm and have regular social events planned throughout the year. There are also healthy snacks, great coffee and a fantastic atmosphere in our brand-new offices, too.
About the role
Reporting to the COO you will be assisting with specifying and driving the implementation of internal quality tools, certifying our products and creating audits. You’ll have a proven track record of improving quality and will have a strong interest in the gaming and future tech.
Driving product quality forward,using quality engineering methods and tools
Certification of our products to global safety standards
Management of the company Concerns Database, Corrective and Preventive Actions and Deviations and running weekly meetings with the engineering and software teams to push these forward
Implementation of the company Quality policy, Quality Management System, procedures and guidelines
Assisting the COO with Specifying and driving the implementation of internal quality tools, such as PLM/PDM/Document management systems
Auditing of external suppliers and manufacturers
Assisting the local China resource in providing Quality Assurance for our products.
What we are looking for
- The key requirements we’re looking for in your application are:
- Engineering Degree (preferably electronics)
- A track record of improving product quality, ideally within a toys or consumer electronics sector
- Experience in risk identification and mitigation and DFMEA creation
- Experience of root cause identification techniques
- Product Quality Control experience
- Experience of managing the certification process within the toy or consumer electronics sectors
- Supplier Auditing experience
- Experience of implementing quality systems within a company
- £35 – 40k salary dependent on experience
- Stock options and pension scheme.
- Department Training budget: Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials
- Flexi-time: 8am - 10am starts
- Culture: Fantastic culture with regular organised social events
- 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays and Christmas Period)