Composite Process Development Engineer
It takes some special qualities to become one of the world's leading global Aerospace companies. Innovation. Ground-breaking solutions. World Class Performance. It's no coincidence that they're precisely the same skills needed in our new state-of-the-art, pre-production facility in Rolls-Royce Bristol.
Your knowledge and experience in Composites will help us in becoming a 'centre of competence', positioning Bristol as the hub for Composite activity in the UK. You will have the opportunity to be part of an industrialisation team that will set up CTAL's composite pre-production and production facility on the Rolls-Royce Bristol campus. You will work in an advanced manufacturing facility at the forefront of developing the next generation of fan blades and fan cases, made of carbon-fibre composite materials, for Rolls-Royce's future aero engines.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry - and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we're keeping the world flying.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
- Develop automated composite preforming/moulding process techniques to achieve a capable method of manufacture. Capture and analyse data to demonstrate status of manufacturing capability.
- Manage and maintain the integrity of business related data to support development of the manufacturing process.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are capable of meeting requirements for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Lead time.
- Develop the Technical Package to define the manufacturing process and control it effectively.
- Identify opportunities for new or improved composite manufacturing processes to meet current or future requirements. Identify and share best practice, and capture and utilise lessons learned.
- Ensure manufacturing processes comply with the legal requirements (e.g. regulatory and HS&E) and customer requirement.
There will be regular travel required to the Isle of Wight during 2018.
- Engineering or relevant discipline degree (or equivalent), HND or HNC with Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Extensive knowledge of organic composite technology. This should include composite moulding processes, composite materials, tooling technologies, design feasibility, tool planning, cost estimating, dimensional and tolerance implications.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing capability development processes.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing engineering tools.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.