Service Advisor (Volvo)
Job title: Service Advisor (Volvo)
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 + overtime and bonus opportunities
Hours of work: 42.5 hours a week - Mon-Friday between the hours of 8.00 and 18.00, plus Saturday mornings on a rota basis
The Group is a family run motor dealership business in Bristol which has been established for over 80 years. The group comprises of four main New and Used car dealerships.
Specialists in Renault, Citroën, Volvo and Dacia in Bristol, the Group is perfectly placed to offer an excellent choice of both New and Used cars in Bristol. There is also an excellent choice of Renault and Citroen vans and they have a dedicated Business Centre to serve the needs of their business and corporate clients. They also have extensive facilities for Servicing, MOTs and mechanical repairs.
The company is looking for a Service Advisor to join their Volvo franchise. The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience in a similar role and will be smart, with strong IT and customer handling skills, both face-to-face and over the telephone. They will be responsible for bookings, seeing customers in, progressing work through the workshop, gaining authorisation for additional work, invoicing completed jobs, upselling additional work and products and taking final payment. Most importantly they need to be able to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
* To welcome customers to Service Reception and book in their vehicles for servicing, MOT or repair
* To act as liaison between the technicians and customers, ensuring that additional work required is communicated to the customer and authority to proceed is given to the technician
* To keep the customer informed of the progress of their vehicle through the workshop and let them know when it is ready for collection
* To explain clearly and simply to the customer, the work that has been/ will be carried out, together with the pricing of the work on the invoice
* To complete all related administration and paperwork (e.g. job cards)
* Strong customer care skills; relationship building and maintenance
* Ability to explain mechanical processes in a simplified way
* A professional manner and smart appearance
* Organised and methodical approach to administration
* Ability to work to a high standard with minimal supervision
* Teamwork skills
* IT literate with good keyboard skills
* Interpersonal and communication skills
* Good level of literacy and numeracy
* General clerical skills
* Organisational skills including managing a diverse workload
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Service Controller, Receptionist, Service Adviser, Service Administrator, Works Administrator, Service Supervisor, Engineering Administrator, Maintenance Controller, Front Desk, Call Handler, Service Advisor, Customer Service Adviser, may also be considered for this role.