Senior Project Assurance Engineer
Job Description and Skills
To provide Assurance support throughout relevant phases of the Product Life cycle that covers the design, manufacture, support and maintenance of Aircraft components including External Supply Chain management.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Contribute in delivering Equipment and Processes to Specification and Internal or Customer Requirements.
- To provide "Project Quality" support to Project Managers in assuring planned Project Milestones are logical, managed and delivered.
- Reporting, Analysis and maintenance of Quality Failure Incidences to closure.
- Ensure all customer requirements are satisfied by means of effective advanced quality planning and pro-active assurance engagement.
- Ensure product and process verification and validation are completed.
- Influence design quality by applying pro-active design assurance.
- Manage internal and customer FAV, FCA / PCA reviews and formal customer communications.
- Ensure supplier issues and developments are managed to a conclusion.
- Manage product release and build standard reconciliation.
- Support Project Manager in ensuring risks and opportunities are managed to conclusion.
- Manage QA aspects of Product / System Qualification programmes where required.
- Undertake and manage risk based product and project internal audits.
- Verify key customer milestone requirements are achieved.
- Assure compliance to relevant Air, Land and Naval Military Regulations.
- Support Business Processes including, but not limited to: Lifecycle Reviews, including Design (PDR), Implementation (CDR), Test (TRR) and Release.
- Configuration Management including Change Control and Implementation Boards.
- Take responsibility for their career development, work with line managers and task managers to identify and achieve objectives.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- A Bachelor's Degree [or equivalent] in Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing or experience in Defence Electronics or similarly "complex" industry.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in Governance, AS9100 / ISO9001 and Continuous improvement.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge in applying Quality Tools such as Root Cause Corrective Action, DMAIC, Process Mapping.
- Be a logical thinker, capable of harvesting complex data into actions with practical solutions that support business goals, in 'the language of the business'.
- Have good interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style across all functions of the business.
- Detailed knowledge of specific processes and detailed understanding of the business area.
- Able to demonstrate a range of organisational skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to identify and solve complex problems.
- Confidence and ability to challenge / respond to challenges on Quality Assurance issues.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in working with Customers and Suppliers.
Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, and colleagues in and outside the Quality Function.
Own problems, and develop appropriate and timely solutions.
Display initiative as an effective team member within the Project Team and within the Quality Function.
Coach / supervise / develop others (e.g. graduates, placement and work-experience students).
Working to tight deadlines either on a regular or ad hoc basis will be required. Extensive travel within the UK with some travel abroad will be required.
The nature of the tasks involved means that any candidate being considered for the position must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and in addition the candidate will require access to caveated information such as UK eyes only and ITAR.