SMT Engineering Manager
- Full Time
Sony UK TEC Overview:
As a division of Sony Europe Limited, Sony UK Technology Centre is the only manufacturing centre for Sony in Europe and also provides contracting manufacturing solutions for other businesses.
We are also the home of a Sony Customer Service Centre, a Business Incubation Centre, a high-profile film studio and much more.
The heart of today’s operation in Pencoed is focused on the manufacturing of high technology broadcast and professional cameras and systems for worldwide markets. This also includes the latest industry-leading 4K technology. The cameras and equipment we produce in Pencoed can be found in sports stadiums, studios and outside broadcast units around the world.
Are you ready to accelerate your career to a new level? If you possess good managerial skills combined with an insatiable drive and passion for new products then you might be the next recruit for our evolving SMT department.
Working with a team of almost 30 engineers and reporting to a senior manager, you will be confident in leading a team to success and possess the motivation to becoming the best in the industry.
In a varied and exciting environment, you will work in a department that is always introducing new equipment and increasing capacity of the wide range of products built in Sony UK Technology Centre. You will manage engineering activities within the area, including the management of shift engineers and technicians who support the business.
Our engineers work with cutting edge technology in a fast-paced, varied environment, and are responsible for delivering innovation, monitoring and maintaining key KPI’s. They are also driven to implement new manufacturing processes. Surface Mount Technology knowledge will be an advantage, but we are also seeking mechanical or electrical experience for a wide range of machinery.
• Continuous development of the engineering team
• Improving TPM and implementing MTBF
• Leading decision making including root cause analysis
• Sourcing, justification and implementation of new technology and equipment
• Leading engineering continuous improvement activities, focusing on automation.
• Managing department budgets
• Risk assessment scheduling and implementation
• Compiling of engineering reports to both internal and external customers
Skills and attributes
• Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
• Leadership skills
• Self-motivated and efficient by nature
• Strong sense of responsibility
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver results within agreed timelines
• Proactive and Innovative by approach
• Proficient in use of full Microsoft suite
Knowledge and experience
• Qualified to HNC engineering discipline as a minimum
• Experience in holding a management position within engineering
• Strong leadership skills, showing evidence of growing a team and developing employees
• Effective at communication at all levels
• Broad understanding of engineering processes, coupled with a willingness and ability to challenge processes where needed.
• Ability to make engineering and technical change decisions to improve quality and efficiency
• Good aptitude for complex and technical operations.
• EHS experience or qualification
• Proficient in use of full Microsoft Office suite
What we can offer:
• A competitive salary
• Access to discounted Sony products
• Generous company pension scheme
• Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
• 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays
• Private health care
• Onsite gym
• Onsite, secure car parking
• Subsidised canteen
Apply for SMT Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly