Industrial Engineering Manager
- Full Time
Sony UK TEC Overview:
As a division of Sony Europe Limited, Sony UK Technology Centre is the only manufacturing centre for Sony in Europe and also provides contracting manufacturing solutions for other businesses.
We are also the home of a Sony Customer Service Centre, a Business Incubation Centre, a high-profile film studio and much more.
The heart of today’s operation in Pencoed is focused on the manufacturing of high technology broadcast and professional cameras and systems for worldwide markets. This also includes the latest industry-leading 4K technology. The cameras and equipment we produce in Pencoed can be found in sports stadiums, studios and outside broadcast units around the world.
Sony UK Technology Centre is seeking a passionate, creative individual to lead an Engineering Management team of four, in the role of Industrial Engineering Manager.
The Industrial Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a team of six engineers.
Our engineers work with cutting edge technology in a fast-paced, varied environment, and are responsible for delivering innovation, monitoring and maintaining key KPI’s. They are also driven to implement new manufacturing processes.
The Industrial Engineering team is responsible for production concept design, processing quality improvements, manufacturing cost control and the continuous elimination of manufacturing waste.
Due to the nature of this role, a flexible approach to working hours may be required from time to time.
With the opportunity to travel overseas, this exciting position is ideal for an individual looking for professional development and support, while advancing their own technical skills.
- Leading and developing a team of Mechanical Engineers and Industrial Engineers
- Setting and achieving Engineering KPI’s
- Production concept design
- Management of New Model Introduction
- Continuous improvement management (quality, delivery, cost)
- Flow design of production process
- Establishing and maintaining a productivity database
- Design for manufacturing creation and monitoring
- Leading quality improvement investigations and actions
- Produce and present reports to senior management
- Managing multiple projects to key milestones
Skills and attributes
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Leadership skills
- Self-motivated and efficient by nature
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results within agreed timelines
- Proactive and Innovative by approach
- Proficient in use of full Microsoft suite
Knowledge and experience
- Production concept design
- New Model Introduction management
- Work / Method study analysis
- 6 Sigma analysis skills
- Leading quality and productivity projects
- Productivity collection and analysis
- Problem solving techniques
- Project management
- Proven experience in leading a team of engineers
- Educated to degree level in an engineering specialism would be beneficial but is not essential
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays
- Private health care
- Onsite gym
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
Apply for Industrial Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly