Senior Investment Delivery Manager – Water Industry
At South Staffs Water we are committed to providing a high quality and reliable water supply to customers now and in the future. We aim to achieve this in a way that is the most affordable and this requires successfully implementing our Capital Investment Delivery Programmes. We are looking for a Senior Delivery Manager to drive our major key schemes and plans, delivering resilience to our long term works.
Reporting to the Head of Capital Investment Delivery, you will be responsible for the management of multiple stakeholders and contractors, and will manage the strategic design and delivery of large high profile projects. You will lead from inception and recommendation, right through to completion which includes exceptional delivery and communication, keeping stakeholders and our customers engaged and informed throughout the cycle relating to all Capital Investment areas of the business. This is a key, senior and strategic role with interactions at Company Executive through to investor level and we welcome applications from Male and Female applicants.
You will need to have extensive relevant experience to deliver the responsibilities of this role, including;
- Significant leadership of Contract & Contractor Management
- Accountability for all commercial and cost/budget management
- Preparation and submission of clear and compelling Board Recommendation Papers and associated project progress reports
- Following and implementing robust health & safety systems and measures for site management and CDM compliance
- Proactive management of project and programme risk including ensuring that mitigation plans are in place and implemented
- Leading people, direct and indirect, in all aspects of project delivery.
Ideally holding a degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering and having experience within a construction/engineering industry. Experience of managing multimillion pound projects focusing on the mitigation of cost and realisation of efficiencies and innovative ways of working, understanding the fundamental basis of negotiating and driving successful win/win outcomes with in depth understanding of contract management with the client and the supply chain. Prince 2 practitioner qualification would also be desirable alongside IOSH.
A current valid driving licence is essential as travel in all areas of our Regions is required.