Type Approval Engineer
Would you like to be at the forefront of vehicle technology and work with some of the biggest names in the automotive industry? This is your opportunity to increase your expertise and advance your career with the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA).
Our Type Approval Engineers play an integral role supporting vehicle manufacturers bring their product to market. You’ll be providing an expert international testing and certification service, which could include:
· conducting or witnessing tests at manufacturer’s premises or other laboratories in the UK or overseas
· conducting paper engineering assessments
· managing and completing approval documentation tests or assessments
· conducting “worst case” meetings and variant selection meetings with manufacturers
· preparation, instrumentation and calibration of vehicles for testing
· undertaking client on-site audits for conformity of production requirements
We are the designated UK Vehicle Type Approval Authority, with over 30 years experience supporting industry by providing internationally recognised testing and certification for vehicles, their systems and components.
We offer career advancement opportunities for every level of capability, as well as flexible working patterns, paid overtime and allowances. As we operate globally, you could find yourself in a fully support overseas posting in one of our offices in Europe, U.S.A, Japan, China, South Korea, Malaysia, India or Australia.
If you have a good working knowledge of type approval procedures and technical standards, hold a relevant professional degree, or have relevant experience in a testing or certification environment we want to hear from you!