Engineering Policy Advisor
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) is a world-leading professional body with over 120,000 members, working in ground-breaking areas from sustainable energy and aerospace to Formula One and cutting edge medical technology.
This role is at the heart of our Institution. It supports our outward facing programme on themes of public interest. The specific focus is on the key societal issues relating to mechanical engineering.
The post holder will:
- produce a series of reports, policy statements, content for the website and events, and contribute to social media to define our views
- conduct research with Expert Members and other organisations and commentators
- work closely with Institution members to provide guidance from an evidence based engineering perspective
- be expected to enhance the Institution’s reputation by maintaining the integrity and credibility of our work
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the ideal candidate will have experience of:
- registered professional engineer, or close to registration; or working in an engineering field from a STEM background
- delivering high quality reports
- have a broad professional understanding of mechanical engineering
- be able to think quickly on your feet and integrate views from across the whole spectrum of mechanical engineering
- stakeholder management at all levels
- be comfortable in representing the Institution in public.
The closing date for all applications is 18 March 2018 with interviews being held week commencing 26 March 2018. To view the job description please visit http://www.imeche.org/about-us/work-for-us. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.