Health and Safety Consultant / H & S Consultant
Job Title: Health and Safety Consultant
Location: Glasgow or Rosyth (Scotland) or Belfast (NI)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is an independent, integrated environmental, engineering, health and safety, and sustainability consultancy. An opportunity has arisen to recruit an experienced individual in the role of Health and Safety Consultant to join their growing team. The position will be based at either, their Glasgow, Rosyth or Belfast office.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Working within the Process Engineering and Safety Team, typical projects completed by the successful candidate will include, but will not be limited to:
* Undertaking full Health and Safety legal compliance audits and inspections, including developing tailored legal registers and prioritised action plans
* Completing site specific risk assessments, including Fire, COSHH, Manual Handling and DSE
* Liaising with clients to assist with full or partial development and implementation of stand-alone or integrated management systems, including to the OHSAS 18001 and incoming ISO 45001 standards
* Internal auditing (second party) of client facilities for compliance with legislation and corporate management systems
* On-site support (e.g. acting as the interim Health and Safety Consultant/Manager)
* Design and delivery of training, seminars and facilitation of workshops
The successful candidate will work within a supportive, friendly and driven team, contributing to meeting team sales targets
The position will require travel (including occasional overnight stays) throughout the U.K. and Europe depending on project requirements. Company pool/hire cars are available for business travel (where appropriate), and a valid passport/photo ID is required for air travel.
Applicants invited for interview will be required to complete a short legislation-based test.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements.
* Honours or Masters’ Degree in occupational health and safety, environmental science, environmental health, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related subject
* As a minimum, Graduate membership of IOSH and working towards chartership
The successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
* Clear knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation and requirements
* Development, implementation and audit of management systems, including to OHSAS 18001, and knowledge of ISO 45001
* Completion of tasks involving compliance with regards to a wide range of legislation
* Working with third parties
* Ability to write concise, technical reports
* Project ownership, with maturity to deal with project management and client interface
* Self-motivation and a desire and enthusiasm to be successful
* Confidence and the ability to present technical information clearly to all levels of company staff
* A ‘self-starter’ with commercial awareness
* Ability to motivate others to implement solutions and to drive sales
* Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
* Adaptable and flexible combined with technical excellence
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional software packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Full U.K. driving licence
* Eligible to work in the U.K
To apply for this position in complete confidence, please send a CV and covering letter, identifying how your qualifications, experience and attributes match the job description, as well as an expectation of your salary requirements.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Health and Safety Consultant, SHEQ Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Environment Officer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, Health and Safety Coordinator, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, Process Engineering Health & Safety Consultant, Health & Safety Compliance, Occupation Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering may also be considered for this role.