Newton Abbot, Devon
Are you a hard-working Shift Technician seeking your next challenge? Looking to advance your career and make your mark with a highly successful business? If so, read on.
British Ceramic Tile is the nation’s largest manufacturer of high quality ceramic tiles and we’re looking for a Shift Technician to join our team. We’re proud to say that everyone in our business, whatever their role, plays a pivotal part in our ongoing innovation and success.
This is a brilliant opportunity to take your next step as a Shift Technician and join a manufacturer that’s operating on the cutting-edge of technology.
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Health cashback scheme – save £100s on everyday health costs
- £750 employee referral scheme - successfully recommend a family member or friend, receive £750 once they have been with us for two months
- Product discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised on-site restaurant
When you join the British Ceramic Tile team, you’ll discover that no two days are the same. You’ll be encouraged to contribute your ideas to help us improve, maintain our market-leading status and deliver world-class products to customers.
As one of our Engineering Team, you’ll work with state-of-the-art equipment and will play an integral role in the day-to-day success of our manufacturing operations.
We believe in investing in our people and supporting them to develop, both personally and professionally, in order to reach their full potential.
As a Shift Technician, you’ll ensure that British Ceramic Tile’s plant and machinery is maintained to a high standard.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with the Maintenance Engineers to identify and resolve faults before downtime occurs
- Swiftly carry out repairs to allow uninhibited production
- Support the Shift Production Teams to achieve production targets
- Diagnose both electrical and mechanical issues
To become a member of the British Ceramic Tile team, you’ll need:
- Experience gained within a manufacturing environment
- An ONC qualification in electrical and/or mechanical engineering, ideally with an electrical bias
- Knowledge of health and safety in the workplace
We’re interested in hearing from candidates who have held the title of Shift Engineer, Shift Technician, Electrical Shift Engineer, Mechanical Shift Engineer, Maintenance Engineer or Maintenance & Repair Technician.
Other organisations may call this role Plant Maintenance Engineer, Senior Maintenance Technician, Engineer, Service Engineer, Production Engineer, Production Technician, Maintenance Engineer, or Manufacturing Engineer.
Webrecruit and British Ceramic Tile are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re a hands-on Shift Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.