Engineering Project Manager
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Project Manager (EPM) with a technical background to join our CFC implementation team. You will project manage the technical realisation of our automation solutions at our next generation of customer fulfilment centre’s (CFC’s). Managing and supporting external contractors, internal matrix resources and deliverables from multiple teams across the business.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Senior engineering Project Manager (SEPM), the role of the EPM is to support the delivery of CFC development projects.
- Stand in for the Senior Engineering Project Manager when needed
- Support of the Ocado Business Project Manager’s (BPM)
- Creating engineering elements of user requirements with the Ocado BPM
- Responsible for the engineering elements of projects, defined in terms of time, cost and specification.
- Responsible for the successful delivery , coordination, management, technical oversight and delivery of any equipment to be installed design, implementation and Go live including identification and appropriate resolution of any Snagging works
- Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project including formulation of the capital budget, tender process, negotiation on costs, raising of Purchase Orders, processing of Invoices, project variations, budget control and project reporting.
- Enforce adherence to any statutory regulation including CDM regulations, Ocado Engineering Standards and H&S policies.
- Programme management of Enabling works and MHE installation and liaising with and updating planning colleagues
- Support of any Change Management processes
- Sign off against specified equipment performance targets as part of the formal Vendor to Ocado Handover process.
- Develop Training and secure the involvement of the Ocado Engineering Operations team for handover of works to “Business as Usual” status
- Oversee procurement of Spares and manage any Warranty discussions with the MHE Vendor.
- Be adaptive and willing to take on new roles and responsibilities as required.
What are we after?
- A “can do” and “in this together” attitude and approach to work
- Ability to multitask and manage/reprioritise a complex diary with multiple simultaneous activities
- Ability to manage multiple project elements at the same time
- Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Be able to perform unsupervised on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Communication of complex technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good technical competence and understanding relating to both automation and general engineering
- Strong and effective people management skills.
- Persuasive, influential, able to motivate and get results positive results from people.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and MS Project
- Technical qualification, to HND or Degree level or equivalent
- The ability to draw workable and innovative solutions from diverse teams, acceptable to all stakeholders
- Have a “hands on”, “lead from the front”, inclusive approach to project management.
Although based at our Hertfordshire head office, you will be working at the CFC locations across the UK and may be asked to work on projects abroad.
What can Ocado offer you?
- Exposure to complex, highly automated, multi-million pound projects
- Working with new and innovative technology
- Lead the development of a new and exciting function within Ocado
- Working as part of an enthusiastic, dynamic and dedicated team
- Benefits: Pension, 15 % Staff discount, Share Options, Share Save Scheme, Life assurance (3 x basic annual salary), AXA PPP Healthcare, Critical illness cover + many more