Automation Project Manager
The Automation Project Manager is accountable for delivering Automation projects, Managed using cross-functional technical teams to deliver products , system & process functions, performance and cost objectives to requirements, on time and to budget. Enhancing the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) offering, enabling Ocado to retain UK sector lead and to grow nationally and internationally through the delivery of new Automation Solutions.
Working with a number of teams including Development, Technology & Engineering, Finance and the Executive Board, you will be accountable for:
- Management of appropriate internal resource and expertise to support innovation and delivery in both Software and Hardware development teams.
- Management and delivery of projects against a stage gated development program, defining business requirements, manage risks, success milestones and manage development programs within budget, quality and to time
- Communication Skills – appropriate commissioning of data capture followed by analysis and presentation of results to inform the stage gate decision process
- Stakeholder management through clear and regular communication of development cycle progress, risk , risk mitigation and roadmap
- Adding value to the development process, support and challenging colleagues to produce new, innovative solutions to achieve demanding business goals
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Proven self starter with the ability to influence, motivate and support teams to achieve challenging timelines and technical targets
- Be able to represent the requirements of the business and articulate to stakeholders across the business from Board level to developers
- Proven project management track record of delivery of projects from a varied background including automation equipment, production machines, complex systems, product or robotic developments from ‘blank sheet of paper’ into a production environment or to market.
- Experience in managing large automation projects and/or a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery of complex multidiscipline projects or products
- Experience of managing internal/external suppliers and contractors to deliver automation projects or products
- Able to act as the project business leader
The main place of work is currently at sites throughout Hertfordshire, but there may be a requirement to work on the development of projects at other UK and international locations
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site