Job Title: Asset Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 10th April 2018
The company is the UK’s leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Their main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005. Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities are being built in the Stanlow area. The Company specialises in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
They are currently looking to recruit an Asset Engineer to be responsible for asset management and asset maintenance decision making across the Company’s Stanlow Asset base.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Accountable for maintenance planning and implementation of the Asset Management System, Asset Management Policy / Asset Management Strategy / Asset Specific Strategies / Objectives and Plans.
* Building the asset register on the CMMS
* Carrying out criticality analysis
* Producing maintenance plans from OEM information and reliability best practice
* Asset Management Procedures and Engineering standards including data standards and control of the asset register.
* Specific accountability for the production, maintenance and implementation of the Integrated Engineering Management System (IEMS), Engineering standards, project handovers and project integration with the maintenance team.
* Monitoring delivery performance for the production plan including review and modification as necessary (output units and financial performance).
* Implementation and adherence of engineering standards.
* Analysis and review of data standards and data quality.
* Control and production of data analysis and statistics for the purposes of business control.
* Delivery of ‘push’ plans and management and control of delivery.
* Accountable for asset stock strategies, stock profiling, management and control
Health and Safety
* Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities.
* Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care.
* Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately.
* Ensure all staff and visitors operates in compliance with Safety regulations
* Full responsibility for the safety of team members
* Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out.
* Full knowledge of the Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
* Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
* Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
* To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
* Participate in training and personal development activities as required
* Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
A HNC/HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
Knowledge of best practice asset management, including:
* Criticality analysis
* Maintenance planning and optimisation
* Preparing PPM plans and schedules
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Asset Engineer, Asset Manager, Senior Asset Technician, Asset Maintenance, Asset Supervisor, Company Asset Manager, Company Asset Engineer, Company Asset Supervisor, Electrical Asset Engineer, Mechanical Asset Engineer, Electrical Asset Management, Mechanical Asset management, Electrical Asset Supervisor, Mechanical Asset Supervisor may also be considered for this role.