Avionics & Power Engineer
Avionics & Power Engineer
Are you a forward-thinking engineering professional with experience of complex electronics projects? Want to help a ground-breaking organisation transform the aviation industry? If so, you may be the Avionics & Power Engineer we’re looking for.
Vertical Aerospace is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. As part of this, we are developing a Personal Electric Aircraft.
We’ve pushed beyond the concept stage and are now looking to develop and certify the production version. As such, we’re now looking for an Avionics & Power Engineer to join our team.
- Competitive salary
- 4% flexible benefits
- 3% pension
- The chance to join a passionate team with unrivalled technical expertise
- An innovative and forward-thinking culture
- The opportunity to support a unique, ground-breaking project with huge potential
In this exciting role, you’ll join a talented team who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
You’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry as we know it.
We believe that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As an Avionics & Power Engineer, you will support the development of our new aircraft.
Reporting to the Head of Avionics & Control Systems, you will:
- Assist with the development of avionics electronic architecture
- Analyse and specify power electronics management systems
- Design and implement hardware to prototype standards
- Assist with build and fault-finding activities
- Carry out embedded/application code to support development
- Help to develop company software tools to support the design process
- Manage subcontractors when required
To join us as an Avionics & Power Engineer, you will need:
- At least three years’ engineering experience
- Experience of complex electronics projects
- Proficiency in power management systems
- Proficiency in electronics hardware design, including PCB design
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), ideally a Master’s or PhD, in an engineering or physics discipline
Proficiency with AC motors and driving electronics would be beneficial, as would experience of any of the following: certifying to aerospace standards, building and testing systems on small UAS, CAN Bus, developing in an Agile framework or Linux.
Other organisations may call this role Aviation Engineer, Aviation Power Management Engineer, Aviation System Design Engineer, Aviation Electronic Design Engineer, Electronics Design Engineer or Electronics Project Engineer.
Webrecruit and Vertical Aerospace are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take your next step as an Avionics & Power Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.