About the job
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a qualified Refrigeration Engineer in Norwich to work as part of our Service Team. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the Refrigeration Engineers deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance using the operating model to minimise equipment breakdown and impact on business, in a prompt and cost effective way. Ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
Check out our colleagues in action. Youtube: https://youtu.be/0nmLi_tfrr4
- Completing planned preventative maintenance.
- Responding to reactive maintenance.
- Verisae usage and parts replenishment.
- Communicating with the team and the wider business team.
- Working collaborative with the National Operation Centre.
- Ensuring PDA compliance.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Being a custodian of Health and Safety.
- Supporting change within the business to ensure continuously improved performance.
- Highlighting opportunities to managers to complete tasks in a ‘Better, Simpler or Cheaper’ way.
- Completing tasks and ensure they are ‘right first time.
- Liaising with the store technicians and update them on status of maintenance work for my discipline.
- Supporting manager to resolve customer issues.
- Delivering non negotiable standards across stores.
- Full UK driving licence
- City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas or equivalent
- City & Guilds, NVQ Level 2, time served apprenticeship or equivalent in relevant field.
- Strong mechanical and refrigeration knowledge.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience working in a retail environment.
- Hydrocarbon and CO2 qualified.
About the company
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include the right tools and equipment to help support employees every day. Uniform and personal protection equipment to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment. Support from a large regional team as well as training, qualifications and support to build a successful career. A fantastic package with regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers. After 6 months you will receive a Colleague Card, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line. When you join us you’ll be able to join our Pensions scheme.