Senior Composite Stress Engineer
Senior Composite Stress Engineer
Are you looking to take on your next challenge as a Senior Composite Stress Engineer? Want to work on ground-breaking projects with a business that’s pushing boundaries within their industry? If so, read on.
Vertical Aerospace is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. As part of this, we are developing a Personal Electric Aircraft.
We’ve pushed beyond the concept stage and are now looking to develop and certify the production version. As such, we’re now looking for a Senior Composite Stress Engineer to join our team.
- Competitive salary
- 4% flexible benefits
- 3% pension
- The chance to join a passionate team with unrivalled technical expertise
- An innovative and forward-thinking culture
- The opportunity to support a unique, ground-breaking project with huge potential
In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
You will join a talented and fresh-thinking team who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
We believe that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As a Senior Composite Stress Engineer, you will support the development of our new aircraft.
Reporting to the Head of Structures, you will:
- Ensure that composite structure analysis is delivered in-line with programme requirements
- Analyse structural proposals and definitions to aerospace standards for both metallic and composite structures
- Specify component requirements ready for supplier negotiations
- Define the most effective way to meet means of compliance standards
- Generate alternative proposals when required
- Help to manage suppliers delivering components or systems to the project
To join us as a Senior Composite Stress Engineer, you will need:
- At least three years’ engineering experience
- Hands-on experience of developing and building composite structures to a given standard
- Experience and proficiency in at least one modern FEM package, ideally ANSYS
- An in-depth understanding of the composite analysis of multiple materials and methods
- Fundamental knowledge of aircraft structures
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), ideally a Master’s or PhD, in an aerospace, mechanical engineering or related discipline
Ideally, you will hold a signatory to DOA aviation levels, but this isn’t essential. Experience of certifying to aerospace standards would also be beneficial, as would experience in communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs.
Other companies may call this role Composite Stress Engineer, Stress Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Aviation Stress Engineer, Composite Structure Engineer or Engineer.
Webrecruit and Vertical Aerospace are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take your next step as a Senior Composite Stress Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.