Solutions Architect -1794
The Security & Information Systems Division (S&IS) is a pivotal innovator, supplying safety through technology, to provide our customers with more efficient, safe and secure products and services, whatever their requirements.
The S&IS Division is a world leader in safety-through-technology, providing tailored solutions for customers in public administration, public safety and security, critical infrastructure, services, transport, large companies, post and logistics.
S&IS (UK) is at the forefront of supplying technology and services for both civil and defence markets, in both the UK and around the world, to enhance the capabilities of its Customers.
We are looking for creative thinkers who have a passion for applying technology to solve real world problems and developing our next generation of world beating products.
Leonardo requires a Solution Architect to join its Cyber Security Architecture Team based in Bristol. The ideal candidate will have significant experience of working on bids and proposals, and delivery programmes within a defence, public sector or similar environment. The Solution Architect will possess strong analytical skills with an ability to understand the problem and solution trade spaces. To this end the Solution Architect will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of requirements capture, definition, decomposition and allocation to an architectural design that reflects all stakeholder needs, and selection of the technology solution that best meets that need. The Solution Architect will be capable of working at multiple levels of abstraction and have a tolerance for ambiguity. The Solution Architect will typically act as the Design Authority for a programme, or part thereof, working closely with the development team and other stakeholders to ensure that the integrity of the solution is maintained. The Solution Architect will also work within the Architecture Team to help evolve and mature the capability of the Business Unit and collaborate on additional projects where necessary.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Stakeholder engagement including customers, programme managers, business leaders, developers and implementers, safety, security and other subject matter experts
- Develop concepts, review, elicit and derive requirements
- Define architectural designs and technology solutions in support of bids or project delivery
- Ensure the design integrity of solutions throughout development
- Collaborate within the Architecture Team to meet the goals and objectives of the Business
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Skills and experience in the following areas is advantageous:
- Cyber capability definition and assessment
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, NAF)
- Knowledge of ModelBased Systems Engineering, utilising UML & SysML tools
- Knowledge of security standards, processes and application of security enforcing measures
- Broad knowledge of Cyber tools such as NIPS, FPC, vulnerability assessment, computer forensics, SIEM, etc.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Platform technologies
- Broad knowledge of Virtualisation Platforms, storage technologies and enterprise server platforms
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Candidates will possess the following personal characteristics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be innovative and conceptualise
- Highly analytical and capable of working at different levels of abstraction
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Good team worker with ability to influence and motivate
- Business and cultural awareness
Why join Leonardo?
At Leonardo, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That's why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees.
We want to support you and encourage you to fulfil your potential through:
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Employee discount schemes: We offer you and your family an attractive range of discounts from retail and cinema to hotel bookings and vehicles benefits.
- Generous relocation package: We offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Free parking: This is available on or near all our sites.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Career break: Where appropriate, we support our employees in pursuing other interests outside the workplace.
Apply for Solutions Architect -1794
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly