Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader
Croydon, Greater London
£22,000 - £30,000 + Twice annual performance bonus, 24 days’ holiday (+ National Holidays)
Level Developments is a world leader of the design, manufacture and assembly of mechanical and electronic angle measuring sensors. Our success has led to an increase in orders which has created internal opportunities for staff progression. Further business growth is planned as we expand our product range both nationally and internationally which will lead to greater career prospects in the future.
This is an excellent position for someone with engineering experience and skills, looking to join a forward-thinking company with a strong commitment to the development of its people. The company currently employs 56 people in a modern facility, and has detailed plans for continued growth and success over the coming years.
Along with engineering ability we are looking for the following personal attributes:
- Methodical and highly organised
- Good communicator who can work independently and part of the team
- Able to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Willing to acquire new skills and challenge yourself
- Be proactive, contribute to new ideas & be involved with implementation
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A strong eye for detail
To be successful for this role, you must have a strong work ethic and be committed to being part of a culture that makes the company a place where people want to work, and are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Production Team Leader, you will be responsible for the specialist manufacturing of sensor and precision ground vials using dedicated equipment. This will include:
- Leading a team of six technicians managing their daily schedules and creating long term planning schedules for the department
- Be a hands-on supervisor involved with the day to day production to meet business demands
- Implement policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods
- Involvement with new products and the documentation associated with right first time production methods
Qualifications and Skills
To be considered, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Office programs
- Completed HND or ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or an Engineering subject
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a manufacturing/assembly environment
- Proven ability of leading a team
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice, with knowledge of 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Good Housekeeping – advantageous
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Preferred but not essential – computer skills with SolidWorks and Access, ability to carry out Risk Assessments
On completion of three months employment you will be entitled to join the company pension scheme.
Transparent pay structure – increased skills equating to higher salary
Twice annual performance bonus – in-line with company appraisal system.
To apply for the role of Production Team Leader, please apply via the button shown. Please remember to include a CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Production Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Supervisor, Manufacturing Team Leader, Assembly Team Leader, Assembly Supervisor, Production Assembly Supervisor, Production.