Automation Engineering Project Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Please visit www.ocadoengineering.com for more information.
The Automation Project Manager has the technical responsibility for the delivery of Automation projects and within budget to support growth, reduce operating cost and improve efficiency for Ocado’s 24/7 high speed, highly automated customer fulfilment centres.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Vendor selection to identify new suppliers and partners capable of supporting the delivery of innovative system and technology.
- Vendor management of external suppliers and experts from requirements through contract, build, acceptance , test and transfer to manufacture
- Matrix management of appropriate internal resource and expertise to support innovation and delivery
- Definition of a stage gated development program to define success milestones and manage development programs within budget and to timescale
- Risk management – identifying opportunities to accelerate development or reduce risk through the use of modelling and simulation, proof of concept stages, test rigs and prototypes
- Communication Skills – appropriate commissioning of data capture followed by analysis and presentation of results to inform the stage gate decision process
- Stakeholder management through clear and regular communication of development cycle progress, risk , risk mitigation and roadmap
- Health and Safety – Ensuring all projects meet appropriate health and safety legislation
- Project management – Working with the legal team to put in place the appropriate contractual agreements with suppliers and managing the supplier within the agreed contractual process to deliver projects to agreed timescales, resource and budget
- Transfer to manufacture – where appropriate ensuring products are suitable for transfer to manufacture and supporting the transfer
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Proven track record of automation projects, machine, system, product or robotic s development from ‘blank sheet of paper’ into a production environment or to market.
- Experience in project managing large automation projects and/or a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery of complex multidiscipline automation projects or products
- Experience of managing external suppliers and contractors to deliver automation projects or products
- Experience reviewing and managing contracts would be an advantage
- Experience in CE marking or NRTL approval of product and the associated standards and legislation is a plus
- Recognised project management qualification such as APM, PMI or Prince2 is a plus
- Able to act as the project technical lead.
The main place of work is currently at sites throughout Hertfordshire, but there may be a requirement to work on the development of projects at other UK and international locations.