International Senior Engineering Manager
Please visit www.ocadoengineering.com for more information.
Must be willing to travel internationally for extended periods of time.
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Project Manager with to join our automation engineering team. You will project manage the technical realisation of our automation solutions overseas. Managing matrix resources and deliverables from multiple teams across engineering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Automation engineering lead on overseas projects
- Close working with internal stakeholders (e.g. Engineering Operations, Business Project Managers, Engineering Supply Chain) and external stakeholders to ensure a successful delivery of project and handover to Go-Live.
- Communication across teams and to project stakeholders ensuring expectations are managed.
- Coordination and management of locally contracted MHE and Enabling works suppliers
- Ensuring programmes stay on plan, budget and meet specification
- Identify and coordinate applicable engineering change requests
- Leadership & management of a group of Engineering Project Managers, Project Engineers and others as appropriate
- Maintain Ocado engineering standards
- Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget; negotiation on costs; contractual arrangements, management of variations, working closely with procurement, finance and admin colleagues.
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges
- Take ownership of engineering problems, seeing them through to resolution
- Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
What are we after?
- A “can do” and “in this together” attitude and approach to work
- Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Be able to perform unsupervised on your own initiative and as part of a team, typically with geographical isolation from other engineering colleagues
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Commercially aware and consider commercial impacts on decisions and proposals
- Communication of complex technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Customer focussed
- Demonstrable competence in effective management and leadership of a team, experience of delivering through people
- Engineering qualification, to at least HND or Degree level
- Excellent technical competence and understanding relating to both automation and general engineering
- Experienced in international working
- Persuasive and influential, able to get results from matrix resources
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ideally MS Project
This is an international role and as such extensive travel and time oversees is to be expected, of course you will need to be able to travel freely throughout the world.
What can Ocado offer you?
- Exposure to complex, highly automated, multi-million pound projects
- Working with new and innovative technology
- Lead the development of a new and exciting function within Ocado
- Senior Engineering lead on major international projects
- Benefits: Pension, 15 % Staff discount, Share Options, Share Save Scheme, Life assurance (3 x basic annual salary), AXA PPP Healthcare, Critical illness cover + many more