6 days left
- Full Time
Ocado is an award-winning online retailer who continually report double digit growth. We have world class automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC’s) in the UK. Now having revolutionised grocery shopping in the UK based on our ground breaking Ocado Smart Platform technology we are engaging in exciting new International business opportunities requiring the implementation of multiple CFC’s around the world.
As part of the central automation engineering team, you and colleagues will work to make our automation solutions a reality at our next generation of CFC’s. You will develop and maintain the knowledge and expertise in the engineering application of Ocado developed products.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be the central automation engineering product specialist for assigned automation products / streams, developing and maintaining your detailed product knowledge
- Provide the configuration and application engineering detail to Technical Design & Integration colleagues
- Identify and coordinate engineering change requests and product improvements
- Maintain and communicate related product technical documentation
- Provide engineering product support, especially during design, installation & commissioning phases.
- Support the planning and programme of new installations and upgrades
- Proactively support engineering supply chain with engineering detail, including acceptance testing, and order specification
- Work closely with our Product Development colleagues to receive new products and developments, being actively engaged during development and NPI phases to ensure successful handover of product to Central Automation Engineering team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Communication of technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Innovative in thought, able to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with barriers
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- Good technical competence relating to automation and general engineering
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using CAD packages
- Project management skills (including planning, risk management and reporting)
- Technical qualification, to at least HND or Degree level in a relevant field
- Work in a safe manner at all times and appreciate the implications and requirements of relevant product safety and compliance
- Deliver projects on time and within approved budgets
- Ability to multitask and manage / reprioritise a complex diary with multiple simultaneous activities
- Demonstrate a balanced and considered approach to problem resolution
- The ability to draw a workable solution from diverse teams, which is acceptable to all stakeholders
- Be able to perform independently and as part of a team
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Although based at our Hatfield head office, you will need the ability and willingness to travel to sites both in the UK and abroad.
What can Ocado offer you?
- Exposure to complex, highly automated, multi-million pound projects
- Working with new and innovative technology
- Lead the development of a new and exciting function within Ocado
- Working as part of an enthusiastic, dynamic and dedicated team
- Benefits: Pension, 15 % Staff discount, Share Options, Share Save Scheme, Life assurance (3 x basic annual salary), Private Healthcare, Critical illness cover + many more
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.