Root Cause Failure Analysis Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
Ocado is a rapidly growing online grocer. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced growing company which also leads and thrives on engineering-based innovations. Due to a rapid growth in our product development activities we now have a vacancy for a RCFA (Root-cause-failure-analysis) engineer.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The key functions of the RCFA Engineer for existing and new products are:
- Lead identification of root cause investigations using appropriate problem-solving strategies.
- Investigate / trouble shoot for quality and technical issues, including onsite visits as required.
- Analyse product failures, non-conformances, concerns and defects found and investigate root cause and implement improvement processes.
- Design and execute product development trials utilising design of experiment (DoE) principles.
- Identify and introduce suitable test and inspection methods using appropriate equipment and gauging and benchmark against best practice and relevant standards including measurement system analysis and calibration control.
- Lead Continuous improvement using DFSS, EMS, Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma problem solving.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- HNC/ degree in an engineering discipline, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- Certified Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma would be advantageous.
- Proficient in applying DMAIC methodology to projects, processes and products.
- A lean practitioner with experience of tools such as structured problem solving, VSM, 8D, 5S, Fishbone, etc.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyse data for trends and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to conduct technical experiments and interpret the results correctly
- Ability to produce and present technical findings across all business levels.
- A high degree of Attention to detail is a must
- Proactive and a ‘Completer-Finisher’ personality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and a “Can-do” attitude
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to travel to Ocado’s other sites within the UK
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.