5 days left
- Full Time
Do you get a real buzz from generating creative solutions to logistics problems? We’re looking for high-calibre candidates with experience in developing storage, picking or despatch solutions utilising MHE or automation equipment to join our warehouse / fulfilment centre design team.
Working as part of the New CFCs Design team, the Solution Designer will be responsible for developing operational processes within the CFC and developing our fulfilment solution designs of the future.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Use agreed operational metrics and assumptions to analyse or model requirements of the design
- Review existing business processes and identify improvement opportunities
- Develop concepts and operational designs
- Identify and specify IT requirements to support agreed processes
- Determine and specify any mechanical handling equipment or automation requirements
- Determine and specify any building, assets or enabling works required
- Ensure designs are productive, ergonomic, safe, and value for money, whilst fully meeting the business requirements
- Gain stakeholder agreement of processes and proposed solutions
Operational areas include:
- Inbound, picking, despatch and food production, across ambient, chilled and frozen environments.
- Tote de-kit and bagging
- MHE including tote conveying and waste systems
- Tote wash systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with:
- A graduate level qualification, ideally (but not essentially) who has completed a graduate management programme within a logistics, engineering or manufacturing business. Alternatively, someone who is working within a logistics operation in a junior management position, who is looking for career development outside of Operations.
- An analytical mind-set
- Strong numeracy skills
- The ability to organise, plan and communicate effectively
- Influencing skills, both upwards and across the matrix
- A confident and flexible approach, with the ability to work within a fast paced and fast changing landscape
- Good team working and collaboration skills
- Good MS Office skills, particularly Excel, as well as an aptitude to learn how to use new software packages
- Experience of working as part of a project team would be advantageous