5 days left
- Full Time
For more information on Ocado Engineering please visit: www.ocadoengineering.com
The Technical Author at Ocado is a function within the Design team and a key enabler for driving quality documentation that will lend to a consistent design process. The technical author is expected to have a thorough understanding of the documentation and the need of the recipients which requires them to be good team players.
Technically savvy, and desirably experienced in working with complex systems, the Technical Author will research and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented. They will use a systems engineering approach to determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for the best reader comprehension. You shall be able to write, edit and keep technical information updated.
Role & Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit requirements document, technical specifications, operational procedures and manuals, in conjunction with relevant engineers.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Standardise documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Update and maintain revisions to technical literature
- Attend project planning meetings
- Collaborate with systems engineering, automation controls and primarily, design team to derive and clarify technical requirements and clarify technical issues.
- Liaising with subject matter experts and sales and product specialists
- Work with translators, printers and service providers.
- A large part of your job will be spent researching and gathering the information required, including:
- Understanding the technology and applications for which documentation is to be prepared;gathering and analysing the information needs of the user.
- Experience in technical writing for complex systems and modules.
- Demonstrate by portfolio skills in articulating concepts; planning and organisation; teamwork; knowledge of software and computers; attention to detail; multitasking.
- Must demonstrate examples of delivering documents such as technical requirements, Functional design specifications, Interface control documents (ICD), Operator Manuals, Installation and Service Manuals.
- Experience of working with Requirements management systems.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (hardware engineering bias) with relevant qualifications in Technical writing.
Exposure to systems engineering approach will be desirable
Excellent English skills. Knowledge of additional European languages will be a plus.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.