Who we are:
Ocado is an award-winning online retailer revolutionising grocery shopping in the UK. Due to a rapid growth in our product development activities we identified a need for a verification engineer.
This role is pivotal to Ocado’s national and international growth, and our continual development of new automation products and equipment.
Ocado have a portfolio of products in the field and in development awaiting production release. The key functions for the Verification Engineer are:
- In conjunction with the reliability engineer define and plan the test strategies for products and subsystems.
- To provide validation of supplier/design reliability claims through developing and implementing appropriate test strategies.
- Identify material and resource requirements for testing.
- Ensure full implementation of test plans.
- Manage and drive the product testing, liaising with Ocado stakeholders and personnel to ensure testing meets schedule.
- Pro-actively identify and manage any constrains / barriers which could affect testing or testing schedule.
- To collate, interpret and report the data generated via testing, identify and clearly communicate problems and variations from requirements.
- To support the identification of root cause and participate in solution generation.
- Identify testing requirements needed to verify any design changes or cost down recommendation
Qualifications & Experience
- Pro-active with can-do attitude
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Solution orientated
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A high degree of Attention to detail
- A ‘Completer-Finisher’ personality
- A degree in an engineering discipline, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics is desirable
- Proficient in use of MS-Office
- Experience in actively managing product testing, managing resources and prioritising activities.
- Ability to develop and present technical reports/presentations across all levels within the business.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage time appropriately.
- Experience managing and interfacing with internal and external personnel
- Developing experiments and methods based on statistical techniques to support innovation projects.
- Conducting pilot plant trials to support new product development (NPD).
- Writing and implementing validation plans for product, processes and equipment in accordance with FDA and ISO guidelines.
- Flexibility to travel to other sites