Composite Design Engineer
Composite Design Engineer
Are you looking to take on your next challenge as a Composite Design Engineer? Want to work on ground-breaking projects with a business that’s pushing boundaries within their industry? If so, read on.
Vertical Aerospace is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. As part of this, we are developing a Personal Electric Aircraft.
We’ve pushed beyond the concept stage and are now looking to develop and certify the production version. As such, we’re now looking for a Composite Design Engineer to join our team.
- Competitive salary
- 4% flexible benefits
- 3% pension
- The chance to join a passionate team with unrivalled technical expertise
- An innovative and forward-thinking culture
- The opportunity to support a unique, ground-breaking project with huge potential
In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
You will join a talented and fresh-thinking team who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
We believe that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As a Composite Design Engineer, you will support the development of our new aircraft.
Reporting to the Senior Design and Stress Engineer, you will:
- Help to develop prototype and production designs in-line with programme requirements
- Release drawings of composite and metallic structures to aerospace standards, enabling manufacturers to produce the parts efficiently
- Help to define the most effective way to meet means of compliance standards
- Assist with the management of suppliers delivering components or systems to the project
- Generate alternate proposals when required
- Assist with project build and fault-finding activities
To join us as a Composite Design Engineer, you will need:
- At least four years’ engineering experience
- Proven experience of designing lightweight composite structures, from concept to manufacture, in a regulatory environment
- Hands-on experience of developing and building composite structures to a given standard
- Experience and proficiency in at least one current CAD package, ideally SolidWorks
- Fundamental knowledge of aircraft structures
- An in-depth understanding of composite design using multiple materials and methods
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), ideally a Master’s or PhD, in an aerospace, mechanical engineering, motorsport or related discipline
Experience of certifying to aerospace standards would be beneficial to your application, as would experience in communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs.
Other companies may call this role Composite Design Engineer, Composite Structure Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer or Engineer.
Webrecruit and Vertical Aerospace are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take your next step as a Composite Design Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.