Programme Manager – Aerospace Projects
Programme Manager – Aerospace Projects
Are you a highly-organised project manager from an engineering background? Want to take on a fresh, new challenge with a business that’s striving to transform the aviation industry? If so, our client wants to hear from you.
About the Company:
Our client is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. As part of this, they are developing a Personal Electric Aircraft.
The company has pushed beyond the concept stage and are now looking to develop and certify the production version. As such, our client is now looking for a Programme Manager to join their team.
- Competitive salary
- 4% flexible benefits
- 3% pension
- The chance to join a passionate team with unrivalled technical expertise
- An innovative and forward-thinking culture
- The opportunity to support a unique, ground-breaking project with huge potential
Our client is defining the future of air transportation. They believe that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less, and their accomplished team is aiming to move faster than their competitors to deliver the future, now.
In this vital role, you’ll become a key player in realising projects that are integral to our client’s success. You’ll be encouraged to think outside the box, push boundaries and challenge the status quo to deliver exciting innovations.
So, if you want to collaborate with talented Engineers who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
As the Programme Manager, you will oversee a number of projects.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will:
- Manage three individual projects, ensuring they meet time, cost and quality targets
- Define, co-ordinate and monitor project plans with the Technical Team Leaders to ensure that objectives are met
- Identify and control potential risks for each project
- Manage supply chain activities to ensure products are fit for purpose
- Assist with fault-finding activities for your projects
To join our client as a Programme Manager, you’ll need:
- At least two years’ engineering experience
- Hands-on experience of delivering complex technical projects to time, cost and quality standards
- Fundamental knowledge of the aerospace and/or automotive industries
- A PRINCE2 qualification or equivalent
- A Bachelor’s degree in an aerospace, mechanical engineering or related discipline
A post-graduate qualification in a project management discipline would be beneficial to your application. Experience of certifying products to aerospace and/or automotive standards would also be an advantage, as would experience of communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams, to collect requirements, describe product timelines and organise technical delivery.
Other companies may call this role Programme Manager, Technical Project Manager, Engineering Project Manager, Aerospace Project Manager, Aircraft Project Manager, Technical Programme Manager or Senior Project Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive we environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to be part of something great as a Programme Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.