We are looking for Electronics Engineers to work with us on a new generation of ultra-precise motion sensing technology. These are key roles that will offer the right candidates challenges in their core discipline as well as excellent opportunities to grow and develop their career.
Who are we?
We are a highly successful and growing business based in Plymouth, and with a new office being established near Bristol. Part of the global UTC Aerospace enterprise, we are a stand-alone business employing just 280 with a world lead in control, navigation and guidance systems. Right now, we are developing a range of market-disrupting, ultra-precise devices that will redefine what is possible in platform control.
What will you be working on?
You will be part of the team developing this new generation of technology. You will be working on system design, devising, qualifying and implementing improvements and engineering for obsolescence. You are likely to travel to UK and foreign sites to meet with customers, support product trials and review customer programmes.
How will this help your career?
With a strong internal ‘fast track’ programme that recognises achievers, you will be encouraged to develop your career within this business. You will also have career opportunities across the global UTC Aerospace Systems enterprise. This is one of the world’s largest suppliers of aerospace and defence systems with 42,000 employees across 150 sites worldwide.
Where will you work and live?
You will be based at our new office in a modern facility to the west of Bristol, with easy access to the M5. You will live in a beautiful region of the UK with easy access to local beaches and countryside, with Wales and the south west a short drive away - yet close to the city that, in 2017, was named ‘the UKs best place to live’ by the Independent.
What are the benefits?
You will work flexible hours, have an extensive benefits scheme which you will shape to suit your own needs, and you will be encouraged to join our scholar scheme which will support you as you continue your studies.
How do we help with relocation?
You will be supported as you relocate with a generous package worth up to £12,000 - with £6000 available immediately to help you with your initial costs.
What do we need from you:
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in an Electronics Engineering role on product design and development or qualification and ideally working in some of the following areas:
- Low noise digitisation schemes, including analogue signal conditioning, multiplexing and ADC techniques.
- FPGA design (VHDL), allowing a high level of digital electronic integration
- DSP design using low cost processors
- Complex small signal analogue closed loop design and development
- Integration strategies and design proving
- Schematic capture, PCB layout and routing, and simulation of the electronics design
- A good degree level in Electronics Engineering, Control Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
Please note: potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
What is the Salary?
Excellent package – flexible, based on skills and experience – talk to us.